SASL not initializing?

J.C. Roberts unknown at abac.com
Sun Feb 29 06:40:01 EST 2004

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 10:23:42 -0600, you wrote:
>J.C. Roberts wrote:
>
>| On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 07:05:47 -0600, you wrote:
>| I've got minimal experience with early SunOS ( 2.x && x<6 ) and even
>| more limited experience with Solaris 8 (2.8). Does Solaris 9 use
>| something like ldconfig to build shared library "hints" for the system?
>|
>| e.g. Does the system configuration use something like
>| 	shlib_dirs=
>| in it's startup scripts? On OBSD, this augments the LD_LIBRARY_PATH with
>| additional dirs for ldconfig to search.
>|
>| That's probably a hopeless longshot but it was a thought.
>|
>| A more interesting question is if you can get Cyrus imapd compiled,
>| installed and working without SASL? If that can be done, we at least
>| have a working reference point where we can start figuring out where
>| things break.
>|
>| JCR
>
>One thing I've noticed is that configure gives me the following:
>
>configure: WARNING: Makedepend is not installed on this system.  You
>should compile and install the version from the makedepend subdirectory.
>
>if I go into the makedepend subdirectory and try compiling, it gives me
>this:
>
>gcc -c -I. -I.    -DHAVE_STDARG_H=1  -mcpu=ultrasparc main.c
>main.c:194:1: warning: "sa_handler" redefined
>In file included from /usr/include/signal.h:27,
>~                 from main.c:75:
>/usr/include/sys/signal.h:95:1: warning: this is the location of the
>previous definition
>main.c: In function `main':
>main.c:430: invalid use of undefined type `struct sigvec'
>main.c:446: invalid use of undefined type `struct sigvec'
>main.c:460: invalid use of undefined type `struct sigvec'
>main.c: At top level:
>main.c:198: storage size of `sig_act' isn't known
>make: *** [main.o] Error 1

I haven't played with the full cyrus source yet; in other words, my
experience is limited to just the sasl code. I'm guessing the above
makedepend/ stuff is from imap.

>Could this be related to the SASL problems?

Yes. If you can't get dependencies working properly, there's no way to
find/use the needed libraries.

Also, you may want to look at Patrick's comment about IPv4 vs IPv6

JCR