encoded packet size to big when copying 4k+ messages to server

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sun Feb 29 00:03:14 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 01:56, William Turner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a user who wants to copy some of his mail from an old POP server
> onto his new IMAP store. Any mail under 4k in size copies up to the
> server fine, anything 4k or over fails.

What program are you using to copy the mail across - the user's mail
client (which one?), mailutil, or something else? Have you tried a
different client - say, using mailutil to upload mbox files of the
user's mail to the server?

> The server setup is Debian 2.2.26 (soon to be 2.4.25).

I take it you mean Debian 3.0(woody) with kernel 2.2.26?

>  MTA is Postfix
> 2.0.18,

Good to know, though if you're doing a direct copy to the IMAPd, the MTA
isn't actually involved.

Craig Ringer

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus