NOT ABLE TO ADMINISTER MAIL BOXES WITH CYRUS-2.2.10

ALD ald at shreya.co.in
Sun Dec 12 12:16:14 EST 2004

No I am sure that imapd is reading /var/imapd.conf file
Earler I had set virtual user as imap administrator who is not shell user
My IMAP administative account is getting authenticated by sasl via
sasl->pam->mysql
I have all user accounts also in mysql

This arrangement works perfectly fine till cyrus-2.1.16
Cyrus documentation only mentions as under

1. IMAP Administrative account should get authenticated by sasl
2. IMAP Administrative account should not have mailbox

So virual account meeting above conditions should be perfectly fine
But I think this has changed in cyrus 2.2 branch which is not documented

Actually securitywise also it is desirable to have not shell based
virtual account as IMAP administrator

I  still feel that this is bug that virtual IMAP administrator
authenticated by sasl is not allowed by cyrus to do mail administration

Regards ,

AJIT