imap flags lost after upgrade (2.0.15 to 2.2.6) [problem solved]

Gerhard Lehmann gln3 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 20 11:57:41 EST 2004

Hello list,

I would like to ask, if there exists a solution for
this problem. We use cyrus-imap-2.0.16 since three
years and
I am in the process of upgrading the system to 2.2.3
(rpm-file on SuSe 9.1) on a new server. Unfortunately
it's not possible to export the deleted-flag. Here are
only 25 users, but a mailspool of now over 30 GB, and
I know, my users, especially my boss will cry loud if
their apparently deleted mails will come back. But
really deleting isn't his thing he wants to sift
through these mails which outlook has marked as spam
and so as deleted.

Could I use the reconstruct from a later version? As I
read, 2.2.10 is the actual release. Or another
solution: Tomas Lindroos has written a program for
himself to reconstruct the index - files. Is this
program reachable?

thanks a lot
Gerhard Lehmann