Large email account

Prasanna Buddhika p_buddhika at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 20 19:14:17 EST 2004

Hi,
I have win2000 server running exchange 2000 server.
There are 2 large email accounts (700000 emails in a
single account) which we don't want to delete. But I
want to move these 2 accounts to Linux machine with
cyrus-imap server. Migration went very well. Only
problem is the speed. When the 2 mail accounts on the
exchange server and when I use exchange method to
access the account via Microsoft outlook client it
won't take even 1 minute to show all the massages. But
if I use cyrus-imap to retriew (sync) the email it
takes 30 minutes. But after sync it’s fast. Only
problem is when ever I logged off the system and log
back in to the system again I have to wait 30 minutes
to access the mail. Can anyone have a good suggestion
to speedup this apart from deleting emails.:)
Thank you,
Prasan