FreeBSD - Cyrus Imapd2 - Configuration/Operation

Lars Kristiansen lars+lister.cyrus at adventuras.no
Thu Dec 23 17:40:38 EST 2004

> Ok what have I done wrong? I think it may be a configuration problem but
I don't know enough about cyrus to confirm where the fault is.
i don't know all the answers, but here is something to get you further

> Although this appears to work ok, I notice in my error messages
> (saslpasswd2: Couldn't update db)
also got confusing messages from saslpasswd2 in freebsd, don't know why,
everything seems to work ok
( in my case the message is: "error deleting entry from sasldb:
DB_NOTFOUND: No matching key/data pair found" )

> jdoe at domain.co.uk: userPassword
> I was under the impression I should have 2 lines for each user
one is good

> %cyradm localhost
try this:
"cyradm -user cyrus --auth digest-md5 localhost imap"

> createmailbox: Permission denied
maybe you are trying as the wrong user

> I can Imap in to cyrus externally and if I su in to cyrus I can imtest
in ok. But there are no folders or content. I can not Pop3 in to cyrus.
this is good, admin users, like cyrus, should not have mailboxes

> This is the only user that I can do this for.
When you can login as cyrus in cyradm, then you can create mailboxes just
like you tried to before.

> I know that I'm a bit new to this, but I'm not going to let it beat me.
it's worth the effort, IMHO

--
Hilsen Lars

Tjenesten mail.adventuras.no ble levert av Adventuras Web Agency
http://www.adventuras.no/