FreeBSD - Cyrus Imapd2 - Configuration/Operation

Justin cyrusmail at midaliasteel.com
Thu Dec 23 20:14:27 EST 2004

I'm also a bit of a newbie but FWIW comments inline;

On Fri, 2004-12-24 at 05:21, Bungee [EF] wrote:

> SU’d to cyrus
>
> Ran “saslpasswd2 -c cyrus” and set password
>
> Ran “saslpasswd2 -c jdoe” and set password

Don't need to be cyrus user to do this as far as I'm aware.

> Although this appears to work ok, I notice in my error messages
> (saslpasswd2: Couldn’t update db)

Obvious question, but what are the permissions on /etc/sasldb2 ? Is it
read/writeable by the cyrus user?

> If I run sasldblistusers2 I get…
>

> %sasldblistusers2
>
> cyrus at domain.co.uk: userPassword
>
> jdoe at domain.co.uk: userPassword
>

> I was under the impression I should have 2 lines for each user

The output from my command produces only one line.

> If I ignore this and try to go further…
>

> %cyradm localhost
>
> Password:
>
> localhost> cm user.jdoe
>
> createmailbox: Permission denied

Who are you connecting to localhost as? root / cyrus user? Are they
listed as an admin in imapd.conf? Are the correct permissions on the
relevant directories eg /var/spool/imap ?

HTH.

Justin