FreeBSD - Cyrus Imapd2 - Configuration/Operation

Bungee [EF] bungee at elitefraggers.co.uk
Fri Dec 24 09:53:16 EST 2004

1. sasldb access

For the hell of it I changed access to Sasldb* to 777

-rwxrwxrwx   1 cyrus  mail   16384 Dec 20 21:20 sasldb.db
-rwxrwxrwx   1 cyrus  mail   16384 Dec 21 13:27 sasldb2.db

%cyradm -user cyrus --auth digest-md5 localhost imap
Password:
localhost> cm user.jdoe
createmailbox: Permission denied

localhost> sasldblistusers2
cyrus at adomain.co.uk: userPassword
jdoe at adomain.co.uk: userPassword

A> So shouldn't be a file permission issue

2. imapd.conf

Editted imapd.conf to have cyrus as admin

adomain# more imapd.conf | grep admin
admins: cyrus

As as Cyrus did following:
%cyradm -user cyrus --auth digest-md5 localhost imap
Password:
localhost> cm user.jdoe
localhost>

A> Cyrus is now included as admin. For a change no Error message!!

So Lesson learnt from this is ensure cyrus is included in the imapd.conf as
admin as it isn't by default on FreeBSD

Thanks everyone for the help all.
[Be back later when something else goes wrong :) ]