Purge tooks longer than timeout of 30 seconds

Sasa Stupar sasa at stupar.homelinux.net
Fri Dec 24 08:09:49 EST 2004

--On 24. december 2004 13:18 +0100 Steffen Bornemann
<Steffen.Bornemann at t-online.de> wrote:

> Hello List,
>

> i've been migrating my cyrus server to a newer version from an suse 9 to
> an gentoo system.
>
> The Problem by now is, that cyrus is really really slow, if you purge the
> mails. Pressing in outlook on purge deleted messages, takes longer than
> 30 secondes and i receiven a timeout.
>
> Squirrelmail doesn't start at all, because, it starts a purge after
> login.
>
> I tested already another user with a new mailbox und tried to reconstruct
> my migrated one. But nothing works. Also the new mailbox is pretty slow,
> if you purge.
>
> Cyrus Version is 2.2.10 and hardware is a Pentium II with 256MB.
>
> Hope, anybody can help me and have a merry christmas.
>
> Steffen

Well, it was discussed earlier about speed and that Outlook and similar are
not pure IMAP clients. I switched to Mulberry (
http://www.cyrusoft.com/mulberry/ )and whoa what a speed with a mailboxsize
of 3 GB and 300k+ messages (few sec) while it need on Outlook ages to open.

Sasa