Purge tooks longer than timeout of 30 seconds

Steffen Bornemann Steffen.Bornemann at t-online.de
Fri Dec 24 07:18:49 EST 2004

Hello List,

i've been migrating my cyrus server to a newer version from an suse 9 to an
gentoo system.

The Problem by now is, that cyrus is really really slow, if you purge the
mails. Pressing in outlook on purge deleted messages, takes longer than 30
secondes and i receiven a timeout.

Squirrelmail doesn't start at all, because, it starts a purge after login.

I tested already another user with a new mailbox und tried to reconstruct my
migrated one. But nothing works. Also the new mailbox is pretty slow, if you
purge.

Cyrus Version is 2.2.10 and hardware is a Pentium II with 256MB.

Hope, anybody can help me and have a merry christmas.

Steffen