ACAP Status, again

OpenMacNews cyrus-info.20.openmacnews at spamgourmet.com
Tue Dec 28 21:55:11 EST 2004

hi,

just fyi, Stalker's CommuniGatePro mail server has a relatively robust (well,
ok, that's subjective.  at least it never caused any problems ...) ACAP server.
It's worked very nicely with Mulberry as an ACAP client for remote prefs to
date.

having 'moved on' from the CGP 'realm', and exploring the apparent lack of
activity w/ IMSP/ACAP, my understanding from the folks at Cyrusoft is that a
future WebDAV(CalDAV?)-based solution may well eventually supplant ACAP/IMSP.
dunno the details ...

cheers,

richard

-- On Wednesday, December 29, 2004 3:19:29 AM PST +0100  Gerhard Gonter