Running reconstruct as cyrus user

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sat Apr 3 22:37:13 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-04-04 at 00:13, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:

> My client is Ximian Evolution on SusE 9

Evolution does cache heavily; I use it myself.

>  I'm in Mulberry now and both have
> the same problem. They are listing the messages because the cyrus files
> still show entries for the messages.

Perhaps 'reconstruct' hasn't done its job for some reason. Were you
definitely running it as user 'cyrus'?

> The next step is to see if I'm really dealing with a corrupt
> mailbox, etc. I don't know the IMAP commands :(  so all I can do with
> imtest is test login, how do you list messages, for instance? The man page
> seems to only show startup options.

Unfortunately, I don't know much more about that than you. I've usually
used imtest for login testing and to check what options the server
advertises.

If someone would be so kind as to jot down a quick "IMAP command
summary" for:
	listing messages
	retrieving a message's headers
	retrieving a message
	deleting a message
	getting the auth advertising info (eg login options, etc)
		from the IMAP server

I'd be happy to expand it and plonk it into the wiki. Alternately, if I
ever get time I'll check out the IMAP RFC.

Craig Ringer

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus