Alias problems

Lenny rahl at mindcryme.com
Thu Apr 8 11:42:47 EDT 2004

I am using the Cyrus-Sendmail integration as done by Andrzej Filip. I'm having
problems with some aliases.

The problem is with aliases that are in virtusertable which point to an alias in
the aliases file (because the aliases forward to multiple destinations). All
works fine except that I can't have a copy go into the users real mailbox. Here
is an example of what I mean:

In mailertable:

example.net                     mrs_cyrus_mailertable:error:5.1.1:550 User
unknown

Then lennyl at example.net is added to cyrus, so it is a valid account.

In virtusertable:

lennyl at example.net               lennyfw

In aliases:

lennyfw:
lennyl at domain1.com,lennyl at comain2.com,lennyl at example.net

Obviously "example.net" is just for illustration purposes. Now, if I send an
email to "lennyl at example.net", it parses virtusertable correct. It parses
aliases correctly and sends out to "lennyl at domain1.com" and
"lennyl at domain2.com", but errors on copying the message to the local mailbox
(errors with "User unknown").

So, the question is, how can I copy a message into the users actual mailbox via
the aliases file? Thanks.

--

"Wisdom is to a man an infinite Treasure" - Anonymous"