Alias problems

Joe Rhett jrhett at isite.net
Thu Apr 8 12:03:37 EDT 2004

Lenny, you've told Sendmail that example.net's final delivery is an error
message.  This means you can't deliver to local addresses, because sendmail
doesn't know how.  Mailertable has to tell sendmail how to deliver to the
local address.

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 11:42:47AM -0400, Lenny wrote:
> I am using the Cyrus-Sendmail integration as done by Andrzej Filip. I'm having
> problems with some aliases.
>
> The problem is with aliases that are in virtusertable which point to an alias in
> the aliases file (because the aliases forward to multiple destinations). All
> works fine except that I can't have a copy go into the users real mailbox. Here
> is an example of what I mean:
>
> In mailertable:
>
> example.net                     mrs_cyrus_mailertable:error:5.1.1:550 User
> unknown
>
> Then lennyl at example.net is added to cyrus, so it is a valid account.
>
> In virtusertable:
>
> lennyl at example.net               lennyfw
>
> In aliases:
>
> lennyfw:
> lennyl at domain1.com,lennyl at comain2.com,lennyl at example.net
>
> Obviously "example.net" is just for illustration purposes. Now, if I send an
> email to "lennyl at example.net", it parses virtusertable correct. It parses
> aliases correctly and sends out to "lennyl at domain1.com" and
> "lennyl at domain2.com", but errors on copying the message to the local mailbox
> (errors with "User unknown").
>
> So, the question is, how can I copy a message into the users actual mailbox via
> the aliases file? Thanks.
>
> --
>
> "Wisdom is to a man an infinite Treasure" - Anonymous"
>

> ---

Joe Rhett                                                      Chief Geek
JRhett at Isite.Net                                      Isite Services, Inc.