[Fwd: Re: Upgrading to cyrus-imapd-2.2.3-8 using Simon's RPM's]

Douglas Koobs dkoobs at dkoobs.com
Sun Apr 11 11:25:22 EDT 2004

Edward Rudd said:
> You could try rpm -e db4-4.1.25-4 db4-devel-4.1.25-4 --nodeps
> then make sure that db4-4.0.14 and db4-devel-4.0.14 are installed from
RH9 and then rebuild cyrus-sasl, install it and then install cyrus-imapd
you may need to remove all of the cyrus-sasl cyrus-imapd with --nodeps
to make sure everything gets installed as the correct version after
rebuilding.

Edward,

OK, I think I'm getting somewhere :) I followed the above instructions,
everything went well with no erros at all. But when I try to start
cyrus-imapd, I run into trouble:

[root at mail log]# service cyrus-imapd start
Starting cyrus-imapd: preparing databases... error!        [FAILED]

I did a quick Google for that problem, but didn't find anything...
imapd.log is empty. Where do I go next?

Doug