Upgrading to cyrus-imapd-2.2.3-8 using Simon's RPM's

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Sun Apr 11 10:30:26 EDT 2004

>> My first question is why you want to upgrade db4 just for cyrus-imapd?
>> Did
>> you have problems with the 4.0.14 package?
>> If you really want another db4 than the one from RedHat 9, you could
>> edit
>> the .spec file and change the _dbver macro to fit your needs. Maybe you
>> should also change the line with
>> '--with-bdb-incdir=%{_includedir}/%{_dbver}' but I don't know, you have
>> find out yourself.
>>
>> Simon
>
> I installed db4-4.1.25 to resolve dependiencies so I could install the
> cyrus packages. If I try to remove it, I get:

Well, if you took the right cyrus-sasl src rpm, then there was no need for
another db4 package than the stock package from RedHat 9. Therefore I
suggest that you rebuild the src rpm for cyrus-sasl and cyrus-imapd with
only the db4 4.0.14 rpm installed.
To do this, make the following:
- stop cyrus-imapd and saslauthd if it is running.
- remove the db4-4.1.25-4 packages with the --nodeps options. (rpm -e
--nodeps db4-4.1.25-4 ...)
- rpmbuild --rebuild cyrus-sasl-x.x.x.src.rpm
- install the newly built packages (only those which are already
installed) with rpm -Uvh --replacefiles --replacepkgs cyrus-sasl.....
- rpmbuild --rebuild cyrus-imapd-x.x.x.src.rpm
- install the newly built packages (only those which are already
installed) with rpm -Uvh --replacefiles --replacepkgs cyrus-imapd.....
perl-Cyrus....

Now you should have your system with only stock db4 packages from RedHat9
and cyrus-sasl and cyrus-imapd depending on only them.

HTH
Simon