How to get FUD working

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Tue Apr 27 16:45:35 EDT 2004

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Brad wrote:

> much.  The only fud-client I find is in the contrib directory and is
> fud-client.c.  How would I go about building fud-client?  I am trying to
> run fud from xinetd following a post I saw and the server does not

gcc fud-client.c -o fud-client

I have no idea how (I don't use it) or why you'd want to run it from
xinetd, but you can add a line like this to the SERVICES section of your
cyrus.conf, then cyrus' master will handle it for you:

fud           cmd="fud" listen="fud" proto="udp" prefork=1

(make sure you have:
fud	4201/udp
in /etc/services)

Here's a perl client:
  http://englanders.cc/pub/linux/misc/fud.pl

Here's a php client:
  http://www.irbs.net/internet/info-cyrus/0207/0155.html

  Jason

--
Jason Englander <jason at englanders.cc>
394F 7E02 C105 7268 777A  3F5A 0AC0 C618 0675 80CA