mail clien does not connect to IMAP daemon

Bhavraj Singh bhavraj at irisfinancial.com
Tue Apr 27 14:46:33 EDT 2004

Hello,

We have a approximately 80 user netwrk using a mix of outlook 2000, xp
and netscape 7.1 connecting to a cyrus server. We are seeing an odd
behaviour with a couple of our users unable to connect to the IMAP
server. I have looked at the network settings and the mail client
configuration, everything seems to be fine.

I have tried to telnet to the port 143 on the mail server, the
connection just hangs. The netstat commands replies with the following
command:

port:1534  "mail host name" : imap
port 1540  "mail host name" :imap

Any suggestions on what could be wrong?

regards,
Bhavraj

--
Bhavraj Singh
System Administrator

Iris Financial Engineering
456 Montgomery Street, San Francisco, CA 94104		                                                                       										Direct:   +1 (415) 835 7810
Mobile:   +1 (510) 593 1148
Fax:      +1 (415) 835 7878

www.irisfinancial.com

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient please delete and do not disclose to another person or use, copy or forward all or any of it in any form. Any views expressed in this message are those of the  individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Iris Financial Engineering.