cyrdeliver error: Message contains invalid header

Pat Lashley patl at volant.org
Fri Sep 12 19:28:28 EDT 2003

--On Friday, September 12, 2003 23:11:19 +0200 Miham KEREKES
<miham at xenon.bibl.u-szeged.hu> wrote:

> I'm trying to set up cyrus-imap with exim4. Exim4 does smtp-time virus
> and spamscan, and then calls cyrdeliver with arg username.
> The only error is, that cyrdeliver always complaining about:
> "Message contains invalid header", and the message doesn't get delivered.

This probably isn't really relevant to the problem you are seeing;
but why are you using cyrdeliver instead of directly talking to lmtpd?
Here are the router and transport that I use:

cyrus:
    driver		= accept
    retry_use_local_part
    transport		= tcp_lmtp

tcp_lmtp
    driver		= smtp
    protocol		= lmtp
    hosts		= 127.0.0.1
    allow_localhost
    delivery_date_add
    envelope_to_add
    return_path_add

(I use the TCP/IP connection to lmtpd because I'm doing /callout
recipient checking and that isn't supported by the lmtp driver.
If you aren't doing that, you can use the lmtp driver and a unix-
domain socket.)

-Pat