cyrus-imapd 2.1.15, sieve, lmtpd, and return-path header

Pat Lashley patl+cyrus at volant.org
Wed Sep 24 14:38:55 EDT 2003

--On Wednesday, September 24, 2003 01:45:12 -0700 Chris Stromsoe
<cbs at cts.ucla.edu> wrote:

> I'm fairly certain that rfc2821 allows the initial mta to remove the
> return-path header if it exists, so it is not incorrect to send the entire
> message file when re-injecting the message.

Allowing an MTA to remove a header that should never have been sent
is not the same as allowing the header to be sent in the first place.

So, no, it is not correct to include the Return-Path header when
forwarding or bouncing the message.

-Pat