Moving IMAP from one server to another

Adam Fox adam.fox at gribbles.com.au
Wed Oct 15 22:35:48 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I'm in the process of moving / upgrading our Cyrus IMAP server. We are
currently running Cyrus IMAP 2.1.3 on Redhat Linux 7.2 which has been
working fine, but the server is now under too much load as the number of
email users has grown, and the server is used for other tasks such as DNS,
DHCP. We've got a new server setup to move the existing IMAP data to, which
is running Cyrus IMAP 2.1.15 and Cyrus SASL 2.1.15.

I don't see any problems moving the IMAP folders across - just move the
/var/spool/imap and /var/imap over. The problem I've got at the moment is
moving the sasldb2 across. We're using the auxprop mechanism to authenticate
our users and have just been adding passwords for users with the saslpasswd2
command. I copied the /etc/sasldb2 file over to the new server and did a
sasldblistusers2, and it lists all the users, but in the domain of the
original server. So it lists me as adam.fox at poppy.gribbles.com.au for
example.

Is there a way to change the realms of the users in the sasldb2 file to be
the realm of the new server? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks

Adam Fox

Attention:
The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of The Gribbles Group.

Thank You.

Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that this e-mail message and any attachments are free from viruses, you should scan this message and any attachments.
Under no circumstances do we accept liability for any loss or damage which may result from your receipt of this message or any attachment.