Cyrus+SASL+kerberos V

Stephan Buys list at codefusion.co.za
Thu Oct 16 03:18:36 EDT 2003

Hi all,

We are using unixhierarchysep and lmtp on our server, with usernames in the
form of user at domain.com, user information and passwords resides in LDAP and
is accessed through SASL.

The fact that we use unixhierarchysep allows us to easily support multiple domains,
ie. user at domain1, user at domain2, etc.

I was wondering what mechanism was used to associate a Cyrus mailbox with a
Kerberos user principal? Kerberos will obviously not allow for usernames in the
form that we use them, although multiple realm support is an option.

As I understand it SASL only support the default realm as well?

Would it be possible to use SASL + Kerberos V at all in this situation?

Kind regards,
--
Stephan  Buys