virtual domain and postfix problem

Murat Ergur murat at ergur.org
Fri Oct 17 04:42:20 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm using cyrus-imapd-2.2.1-BETA with postfix 2.0.16. My problem is
postfix cannot deliver incoming mails to cyrus virtual domain mail
folder. It's complaining with "user unknown in virtual alias table".

My settings are below:
/etc/imapd.conf
virtdomains: yes
defaultdomain: mail.bar.org

/etc/postfix/main.cf
mydomain = bar.org
myhostname = mail.bar.org
myorigin and mydestination not defined
local_recipient_maps =
virtual_alias_domains = /etc/postfix/domains
virtual_alias_maps = /etc/postfix/users
mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/imap/socket/lmtp

/etc/postfix/domains
foo.org anything

The problem is what should I write in RHS of virtual_alias_maps file.
Whatever I write, it gives the same error (user unknown in virtual alias
table). However when I check it with "postmap -q", the database seems
OK. What I understand from this is I have to find a way to pass both
username and domain part of e-mail to the postfix.

Do you know a solution for this?

Murat Ergur