Postfix can't connect to lmtp

wim at unetix.nl wim at unetix.nl
Fri Oct 17 07:32:32 EDT 2003

On Friday 17 October 2003 10:24, Pascal Loic Gienger wrote:
> Zitat von wim at unetix.nl:
> > Hai,
> > I checked and indeed permissions are set that way, but
> > there seems to be different opinions on how to configure postfix.
>
> Add postfix to your cyrus group (which has the cyrus user).
> This should do it.

According to :
http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/download/imapd/install-configure.html
---------------------
One thing you need to watch out for is the UID and GID of the Postfix
software. As it states in the Postfix "INSTALL" document, you must create a
new account that does not share its UID and GID with any other user account.
This is for security reasons. If you installed Postfix with a GID of "mail",
you will need to select a different GID for Cyrus. See the Cyrus configure
options "--with-cyrus-user" and "--with-cyrus-group". (This was more crucial
when the use of Cyrus' "deliver" was more prevalent, but it is still a good
idea to follow this policy.)
--------------------
I did just that, give another GID to postfix, different from cyrus. Now
I followed your advise and gave postfix the GID of cyrus and suddenly
a lot of anomalies have disappeared but sending mail is no longer
an option:
---
Oct 17 13:07:39 aardappel postfix/pipe[13001]: fatal: request to use mail
system owner group id 12
--
but... changing
mailbox_transport = cyrus

Thanks ,Wim Bakker

This e-mail was scanned by RAV Antivirus!