Weird mailbox corruption...

Einar Indridason einari at f-prot.com
Thu Oct 30 11:38:07 EST 2003

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 10:13:30AM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> >Until we get something like:
> >
> >user.JohnSmith.Folder.Sub folder
> >user.JohnSmith.Folder.Sub folder.Comet: Mailbox has an invalid format
> >user.JohnSmith.Folder.Sub folder.Comet.AI False: System I/O error No such
> >file or directory
> >user.JohnSmith.Folder.Sub folder.Comet.Ceco Work: Mailbox has an invalid
> >format user.JohnSmith.Folder.Sub folder.Comet.Ceco Work.AI False: Mailbox
> >has an invalid format user.JohnSmith.Folder.Sub folder.Comet.Ceco
> >Work.Ceco Work: System I/O error No such file or directory
> >user.JohnSmith.Folder.Sub folder.Comet.Ceco Work.Magistr: Mailbox has an
> >invalid format

Right... I managed to fix this, but it was not quite in a
straightforward way.

In a very short summary:

Make sure the files on the filesystem, and cyrus's view are the same.
Use cyradm, to make sure that every Mailbox has a valid list of
permissions.

One might have to create mailboxes or delete them, via cyradm, to make
those two consistent.

One might have to copy (or even touch) the 3 cyrus.* files to the proper
directory, making sure the permissions on the files are correct, and
then run reconstruct on that folder.

So... a careful juggling between cyradm, reconstruct and filesystem-operations
fixed this.

Cheers,
einari at f-prot.com