OT : getting STATUS of a mailbox, from an admin account

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Fri Oct 31 11:22:19 EST 2003

Hi list,

Again, I have a question not directly related to Cyrus about the IMAP
protocol.  I guessed since I am working with the Cyrus implantation of
this protocol and there is so many knowledgeable on the list, it might
be OK to ask here.  If, for any reason, people (Rob ? Ken ?) are
displeased  with me asking these kind of questions here, I apologize and
will stop pestering the list with these partly-OT questions.

This is related to a question I had recently about STATUS/EXAMINE.  I
would like to get various information (seen/unseen count, total, etc)
about mailboxes.  I can open a connection as the admin account.  If I
open a connection and issue :

. status user/test (messages)
. NO Mailbox does not exist

I guess there is something wrong with the way I specify the mailbox
since (obviously) I can, as the 'test' user,  issue :

. status INBOX (messages)
* STATUS INBOX (MESSAGES 1)
. OK Completed

So, is there any way to get STATUS on mailboxes from the admin account ?
I could login with the user authzid, but then I would have to close/open
a new connection for each mailbox for which I want the info, which will
add up to a certain overhead when I will have to sweep all the mailboxes
for info.

Your comments welcomed :)

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com