OT : getting STATUS of a mailbox, from an admin account

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Fri Oct 31 11:39:26 EST 2003

Etienne Goyer wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> Again, I have a question not directly related to Cyrus about the IMAP
> protocol.  I guessed since I am working with the Cyrus implantation of
> this protocol and there is so many knowledgeable on the list, it might
> be OK to ask here.  If, for any reason, people (Rob ? Ken ?) are
> displeased  with me asking these kind of questions here, I apologize and
> will stop pestering the list with these partly-OT questions.
>
> This is related to a question I had recently about STATUS/EXAMINE.  I
> would like to get various information (seen/unseen count, total, etc)
> about mailboxes.  I can open a connection as the admin account.  If I
> open a connection and issue :
>
> . status user/test (messages)
> . NO Mailbox does not exist

Either you have the mailbox name wrong, or the admin is not allowed to
see it (unlikely).  Even if you get the mailbox name correct, without
the correct ACL (r?), you will get permission denied when you try to do
a status.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127