Some questions regarding the Cyrus server

Jason Williams jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Fri Oct 31 11:46:00 EST 2003

Good morning everyone.

I have a few questions I wanted to ask regarding the cyrus server to see if
it is the solution that I am looking for to implement at our company network.

Basically, the company has one central corporate office and is opening
about 12 branch offices within the next 2 years.
The central office will be the 'hub' sort a speak and the branch offices
are the 'spokes.'

I've read a lot about cyrus-server and really like what it has to offer. I
love the idea of a "sealed" box. That is extremely appealing to me.
Currently, I have a postfix mail server running that is working fine, with
no problems.

What I was curious as is what are the benefits that cyrus would give in a
setup like this?
For instance, would it be beneficial to have a cyrus box at each branch
location? From what I can recall, the MURDER protocal will allow mail to be
replicated to any of the cyrus mail servers anywhere, correct? If that is
the case, then in theory, if I had a cyrus mail server at the corporate
office and one at a branch office, then I could replicate the mail from the
corp office to the branch office, correct? Or am I way off.

Im looking for a very stable, reliable and secure solution for email and
this is one of the projects im trying to push.
Thus, in a nutshell, i'm trying to gather as much ammo as I can so I can
bring it to management and say here is what you need and here is why.

I appreciate everyone's input and suggestions very much.

Cheers,

Jason