Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Nov 10 20:05:44 EST 2003

> How can I fix this? Hardware is ok, this is just I think a database problem
> of cyrus. Has anybody an idea how to get back to normal with keeping all my
> emails?

While I don't think I can help you, not knowing too much about the
innards of Cyrus or problems with it, I can suggest a bit more
information you could provide to make your question easier to answer.

In particular, if you could post your operating system, OS version,
Cyrus version, and Sendmail version that could be helpful to someone
trying to answer.

It'd also be useful to know what mail client you use.

You might want to have a look in /var/spool/imap/user/$USERNAME and see
how many messages are /really/ in the database. Don't change anything
there, as it's all indexed carefully, but it's quite safe to look.
Perhaps horde is right?

If you're game, running an strace on imapd as it accepts the connection
could also be helpful for telling you what's going on. If you're on *BSD
I think it's called ptrace. It'll be very verbose, but if you redirect
the output to a file and look over it later it can tell you a lot about
what the program did just before dying.

Craig Ringer