Cyrus IMAPd 2.1.13 Released

Kendrick Vargas ken at hudat.com
Fri May 2 17:43:48 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2 May 2003, Ken Murchison wrote:

> > Hi Kenneth,
> >
> > Most probably i am to blame here, but i'll try to explain (and translate
> > at the same time ;-))
> >
> > Using 2.1.12 i decided to set the option altnamespace.
> >
> > This caused no problem and all scripts were working and were placed in
> > /usr/sieve/?/virt.user.name
> >
> > When is upgraded to 2.1.13 suddenly the scripts were expected in
> > /usr/sieve/?/virt^user^name ...
>
> Sounds to me like either you had a hacked version of 2.1.12 or you
> enabled and then disabled unixhierarchysep.  By default, Cyrus doesn't
> allow '.' in the usernames, so /usr/sieve/?/virt.user.name should never
> happen.

Nope, sieve in 2.1.11 used .'s instead of ^'s in my installation, and I
have the following two lines in my imapd.conf:

unixhierarchysep: yes
altnamespace: yes

If what the gentleman is saying is indeed correct, then maybe there should
be a warning about it somewhere. Of course, a quick look at the sieve
portion of the patches should clear up any of the mystery :-)
			-peace

--
Let he who is without clue kiss my ass