Cyrus IMAPd 2.1.13 Released

Michael Sims michaels at crye-leike.com
Fri May 2 17:53:24 EDT 2003

Quoting Ken Murchison <ken at oceana.com>:

> Bob Tito wrote:
> >
> > Hi Kenneth,
> >
> > Most probably i am to blame here, but i'll try to explain (and translate
> > at the same time ;-))
> >
> > Using 2.1.12 i decided to set the option altnamespace.
> >
> > This caused no problem and all scripts were working and were placed in
> > /usr/sieve/?/virt.user.name
> >
> > When is upgraded to 2.1.13 suddenly the scripts were expected in
> > /usr/sieve/?/virt^user^name ...
>
> Sounds to me like either you had a hacked version of 2.1.12 or you
> enabled and then disabled unixhierarchysep.  By default, Cyrus doesn't
> allow '.' in the usernames, so /usr/sieve/?/virt.user.name should never
> happen.

This rings a bell...

I experienced a problem with Sieve scripts and the unixhierarchysep option back
in 2.1.11.  I unfortunately can't recall the specifics, but the problem
prevented the Sieve parser from locating scripts for users with periods in
their user IDs.  At the time I checked CVS for a fix and I found one in
revision 1.26 of timsieved/parser.c.  This is the diff that shows the change:

<http://bugzilla.andrew.cmu.edu/cgi-
bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/cyrus/timsieved/parser.c.diff?r1=1.25&r2=1.26>

This revision was included in 2.1.12 and after I upgraded the problem went
away.  Sorry I can't remember more details about it, but this MAY be what the
OP is referring to...

Michael Sims
Project Analyst - Information Technology
Crye-Leike Realtors
Office: (901)758-5648  Pager: (901)769-3722