distro rpm options

grenoml grenoml at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 15:15:25 EDT 2003

John,
  I'm not seeing the X server leak on my systems.  Here's example of
one system:
# uptime
 15:09:24  up 8 days, 14:02,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
# top -p 1054
  PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT %CPU %MEM   TIME CPU
COMMAND
 1054 root      15   0 21212 1372   448 R     0.0  0.2   0:09   0 X

We do most work remotely though in terminal session.

The only other issue that I am aware of is the problem with updating
glibc on RH9.  This caused a lot of pain due to NPTL issue and caught
some people completely offguard.  There is a redhat bug open on this.
I'm happy with RH9 so far.

rgds,
Gerry