cyrus-imapd 2.2 db3 or db4?

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Tue May 6 16:36:38 EDT 2003

On Tue, 06 May 2003, Ken Woodhams wrote:
> Hi. I just wanted to get a general consensus from current 2.2
> users. What has your experience been with Sleepcat DB3 and DB4?
> Which one would you recommend using and why? I was leaning
> towards DB3 since it's been around for a while (more experience
> and stable?) but I was curious to know if there are any
> performance or security gains with using DB4.

We have a very modest system with about 1000 users, 5 pop3 logins per
second, a few concurrent imap logins from the webmail system.

Using DB3.2, we NEVER had any problem whatsoever. no lockers, no hangs,
nothing.

I am not switching the Debian Cyrus packages to DB4 until I am forced to do
so :)  too many nightmare stories for my tastes.

  Henrique Holschuh