Questions on fud and notifyd

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Thu May 22 10:31:25 EDT 2003

Hi again,

I built the fud-client in contrib/ and have a little problem.  Exemple output
from fud-client :

---
[root at ldap1 contrib]# ./fud-client imap1 anonymous user.egoyer
user: anonymous
mbox: user.egoyer
Number of Recent 1
Last read: Wed Dec 31 19:00:00 1969
Last arrived: Wed May 21 16:29:24 2003
---

The mailbox currently contain a single message, which is marked as
Recent.  This is not the case; the message is marked as "Read" in my
client.  Also notice that the "Last read" is invalid; I currently have the
mailbox open in my client (Mozilla Mail).

I browsed the code of fud a little bit and, if I understand correctly, the
"Number of Recent" and "Last read" is based on info from the seendb.
Could it be because fud fail to read  egoyer.seen somehow ?  The
permission look correct to me (/var/imap/user/e/egoyer.seen is 0600
owner cyrus).  Any idea ?

Also, I was just wondering what is the purpose of notifyd.  I read the
man page but I am still mystified.  I am just wondering if it would be
of any use in my setup.

Thanks for your answer !

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com