I tried chinese in cyrus's folder name and chinese IMAP client, but something wrong

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Mon Mar 24 03:10:45 EST 2003

--On Sonntag, 23. März 2003 8:15 Uhr +0800 Temp <temp at tl165.net> wrote:

> I tried chinese in postfix+cyrus-imap
> and in Outlook Express 5, the "Inbox" is still
> the one in chinese, but the "Sent Items" and
> "Drafts" folders which I saw in english IMAP
> client become normal folders,
> and there are another folder instead of them
> in chinese in chinese name.
>
> so, does IMAP server not provide a uniform interface?
> or just the problem of IMAP protocol?

Whether there is a problem depends on your point of view. The name INBOX
(not the case) is special in IMAP, so client verndors may choose to display
a localized name in their interface. "Sent Items" and "Drafts"  folders are
irrelevant to IMAP. There is no automatic way to have these localized on
the server side. So, whatever the client does will happen. Microsoft in
their wisdom seem to have chosen to create those folders in their localized
names. Thus you end up with one pair for each localized version of Outlook
you use ...
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK