delivering to bb folders

mail at penguindia.com mail at penguindia.com
Mon Mar 24 03:01:30 EST 2003

Hi all,

I have Cyrus 2.1.12 setup with sendmail 8.11.6 on a RedHat 7.3
box. Everything works as expected except for one problem. Delivering
mail to a bb folder fails unless I set the 'p' acl to "anyone". What I
would like is for all users to be able to read
but only a few users able to post to the folder.

for eg. with cyradm,
localhost> sam folder1 anyone lrs
localhost> sam folder1 user1 lrswip

where folder1 is a mailbox used as a bulletin board and user1
is a special user with post permission to the folder.

Mail sent by user1 to folder1 bounces with a "permission denied"
error.

Is there any way to achieve this?

BTW, cyrus is setup to do lmtp over a UNIX socket and users are
authenticated via pam.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

-Vijay