Cyrus on Red Hat Enterprise Linux

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Wed Jun 11 01:44:48 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 20:35, Simon Brady wrote:
> Hello world,
>
> We're planning to retire our Solaris mail server at the end of the year
> and move Cyrus to Linux. I'd intended to move to RH7.3, which we use
> widely and understand quite well, but Red Hat's support policies have
> killed that idea.
>
> Is anyone currently running Cyrus on Red Hat Enterprise, either out of the
> box or self-installed? If so, have you encountered any issues beyond those
> to be expected on 7.x? Having built from source on Solaris I was looking
> forward to using Simon Matter's RPMs, but I don't know how they'll
> interact with the RH Network "all your server are belong to us" madness.

RHAS 2.1 (and ES, the difference being, AFAICT, support) are basically
just 7.2/7.3 systems (more the former, I think).  So, if it works with
7.2, it should work with RHAS.  3rd party RPMs should be just fine; I
have a few customers using up2date and they don't have any problems with
the RPMs I've installed.

My current strategy for my customers is to maintain them all at 7.3
until towards the end of the year, at which time I'm guessing RHAS 2.2
will be out, to which I will them move my customers.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *
*     Tired of spam and viruses in your e-mail?  Get the     *
* Naked Ape Mail Defender! http://nakedape.cc/r/maildefender *