question about cyrus

Christos Soulios soulbros at noc.uoa.gr
Mon Jun 23 04:56:55 EDT 2003

Quoting Rob Siemborski <rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu>:

> On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Wil Cooley wrote:
>
> > http://haus.nakedape.cc/~wcooley/xfer/cyrus-imapd-2.1.13-3.src/
> >
> > The patch in question is
> > 'cyrus-imapd-2.1.13-autocreate-0.7.1.patch.txt'.  I see no indication in
> > the patch of whence it comes.

The autocreate inbox patch has been created by the University Of Athens. There
is a homepage created for it too. Please see http://email.uoa.gr/autocreate . It
has all the necessary information for the patch as well as frequent updates.

This patch is the one used in Simon Matter's rpm distribution of cyrus imapd.

Here at the UoA we are interested in integrating the patch into the Cyrus source
code and willing to implement everything needed for it to be done.

> If someone does the following, I think we'll be able to accept it in 2.2:
>
> 1. Conversion for 2.2 (mostly the configuration options)
Already done in a cvs version cyrus 2.2 (specifically the CVS snapshot was at
19.5.2003)

> 2. MURDER support
It is in our plans to implement this. However, there are a lot of things to be
considered first. Co-operation with the CMU developers would be very helpful.

> 3. Virtual Domain Support
This is currently being implemented. I hope it will be ready quite soon.

> (I realize the last two are on the todo list, but they're really necessary
> to have a consistant behavior throughout the system).
I totally agree.

> -Rob

Christos

--