converting /var/spool/mail to cyrus format

Andrew Koros akoros at ke.uu.net
Mon Jun 23 02:23:55 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-06-22 at 00:49, joe ritter wrote:
> Hello,
> We need to transition standard UNIX mbox's in
> /var/spool/mail/$username to the cyrus format. IWe are
> basically moving from UW IMAP to Cyrus. I was
> wondering if documetnation on this proceudre was
> available and/or if there were any gotchas.

The is a book called "Managing Imap" published  by O'Reilly that
describes this procedure and includes some scripts examples for
migrating to and from cyrus with respect to WU-Imap.

Some those sctripts are now available in the cyrus-imap contrib
directory. For example Simon Matter's cyrus-imapd rpms for
RedHat(http://home.teleport.ch/simix/) places them in:
/usr/share/cyrus-imapd/contrib/bsd2cyrus e.t.c.

Regards,

Andrew Koros

--
Andrew Koros
Developer, Systems Services
Email: akoros at ke.uu.net

NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may
contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely
for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading,
dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or
its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately by electronic
mail, and delete this message and all copies and backups thereof. Thank
you.