Cyrus takes long time to restart

Ramprasad A Padmanabhan ramprasad at netcore.co.in
Mon Jun 23 02:02:47 EDT 2003

Rob Siemborski wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jun 2003, Ramprasad A Padmanabhan wrote:
>

>>I am running cyrus 2.0.16 on redhat 7.2 linux
>>There are 2000+ mailboxes on the server and almost everyone uses POP to
>>download the mails
>>The problem is whenever cyrus is restarted it takes too long to start
>>almost 3 minutes.
>>Is there some pruning that needs to be done with cyrus database. And
>>since 95% of my users are using POP does that make any change to the
>>configuration
>

> Yes, the recovery of the cyrusdb files still needs to be done.
>
> Depending on what backends you are using, you may be able to solve this by
> increasing checkpoint frequency or pruning the database more often.

Can you show me where I can find docs to do so. I am using db files to
store the backend.

Thanks
Ram

NETCORE SOLUTIONS *** Ph: +91 22 5662 8000 Fax: +91 22 5662 8134

MailServ: Email, IM, Proxy, Firewall, Anti-Virus, LDAP
Fleximail: Mail Storage, Management and Relaying
http://netcore.co.in

Emergic Freedom: Linux-based Thin Client-Thick Server Computing
http://www.emergic.com

BlogStreet: Top Blogs, Neighborhoods, Search and Utilities
http://www.blogstreet.com

Rajesh Jain's Weblog on Technology: http://www.emergic.org