converting /var/spool/mail to cyrus format

Mike Brodbelt m.brodbelt at acu.ac.uk
Mon Jun 23 05:20:33 EDT 2003

joe ritter wrote:
> Hello,
> We need to transition standard UNIX mbox's in
> /var/spool/mail/$username to the cyrus format. IWe are
> basically moving from UW IMAP to Cyrus. I was
> wondering if documetnation on this proceudre was
> available and/or if there were any gotchas.

When I did this, I basically cut everyone over to Cyrus in one go, which
left me with varying amounts of mail in /var/spool/mail/$username for
people. I then used the mbxcvt utility from the UW imap-utils package to
read the mbox files and inject the messages into the new Cyrus INBOX for
each user.

HTH,

Mike.