non-existent msgids & duplicate delivery suppression

Stephen Grier s.e.grier at qmul.ac.uk
Fri Jun 27 14:22:53 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-06-27 at 16:48, Rob Siemborski wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Stephen Grier wrote:
>
> > We use Exim here. The messages do have a Message-Id: header, but with an
> > empty value. I assume Exim will not add or alter the msg-id in this
> > case.
>
> Any idea why this one user is getting a bunch of messages like this, or
> what might be generating them?  That's probably what wants to be fixed.

There are a number of users receiving messages of this sort, but one
domain in particular from which they originate. I've assumed it's a
problem with their MTA, and have contacted them about it, but it could
also be a broken client, Lotus Notes 5.0.8 according to the X-Mailer:
header.

--

Stephen Grier
Systems Developer