huge bug

Laurent LAVAUD laurent.lavaud at u-bordeaux2.fr
Fri Jun 27 15:15:28 EDT 2003

huge bug for us...

Here it is: when we compose mails with Eudora 5.02 or Eudora 5.2 with styled
text and an attachment (an image for example), the same Eudora is unable to
read it correctly (the body contains strange code instead of showing the text
and the image link).
This occurs only when we send the mail with the 2 formats proposed by Eudora
(text only and styled text together).

What make me think it's a cyrus bug is that if we send exactly the same message
to the same server that runs wu imap instead of cyrus, everything is fine!

Huge for us because 80% of our clients are Eudora (about 2000 clients) and
people often compose mails with styled texts and attachments...

Is there an issue to this except telling our users (and our senders but this
should be more difficult) not to use Eudora ?

The server is sendmail 8.9.12 + cyrus 2.1.13

Thanks for issues if available...

--
Laurent LAVAUD
Centre de Ressources Informatiques