'Mailbox unknown' unpon LMTP delivery

Henning Holtschneider hh at loca.net
Tue Jul 1 15:39:55 EDT 2003

--On Montag, 23. Juni 2003 14:40 +0200 Henning Holtschneider <hh at loca.net>
wrote:

> I'm running Cyrus IMAP 2.1.13 on top of Postfix. Mail is being delivered
> from  Postfix into Cyrus using an LMTP unix socket. My users have email
> addresses  like firstname.lastname at domain.tld. The login names/mailbox
> names are unique  user ids like "jdoe123". I created a virtual transport
> map in Postfix to map  "firstname.lastname at domain.tld" to
> "username at domain.tld". Howerver, incoming  messages can't be delivered to
> the mailboxes. Cyrus complains:

I've finally been able to track down the problem to this: the mailboxes are
being created as user.username which results in a directory user.username
being created and the mailbox being added to a DB file (as far as I can see
from the source code). However, lmtpd is looking for user^username (^
instead of . as the seperator). Why is Cyrus trying to use another
seperator when delivering incoming messages?

Regards,

     <-gninneH<-
--
   __                 _  __    __   Henning Holtschneider
  / /  ___  _______ _/ |/ /__ / /_  <henning at loca.net>