cyradm erros when reconstructing a mailbox

John Alton Tamplin jtampli at sph.emory.edu
Tue Jul 1 16:26:53 EDT 2003

Ezsra McDonald wrote:

>Let me go to another account with the same problem.
>
>All af the folders exist. Some are empty and
>reconstruct reports an IOERROR when it can't find
>cyrus.* in the folders. He has several folders whose
>names are made up of multiple words like for example
>one is named 'user.randy.Child Development'. It is
>also an empty folder. Permisions on all files and
>folders are setup for cyrus:mail.

If the folders are empty (no cyrus.* files) but still in the mailbox
list, it sounds like your copy did not move everything over properly or
else the mailbox db doesn't correspond to the spool files (empty
directories can be left around when deleting a folder if the folder is
selected when it is deleted).  Aside from these particular accounts, I
would be concerned that other things were not copied correctly.

>I am spending too much time on this.
>What I would like to do is just remove all references
>to both users from the imap databases. Is there a way
>to do this. Then I can recreate a clean account and
>have the users move their mail over manually.

With cyrus shut down, do ctl_mboxlist -d >file, edit the file, the
ctl_mboxlist -u <file.

--
John A. Tamplin                               Unix System Administrator
Emory University, School of Public Health     +1 404/727-9931