cyradm erros when reconstructing a mailbox

Ezsra McDonald ezsra_mcdonald at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 14:55:56 EDT 2003

Let me go to another account with the same problem.

All af the folders exist. Some are empty and
reconstruct reports an IOERROR when it can't find
cyrus.* in the folders. He has several folders whose
names are made up of multiple words like for example
one is named 'user.randy.Child Development'. It is
also an empty folder. Permisions on all files and
folders are setup for cyrus:mail.

I can't delete 'user.randy.Child Development'. I get
this error when trying to change the acl:

mailhost> lm 'user.randy.Child Development'
user.randy.Child Development (\HasNoChildren)
mailhost> setacl 'user.randy.Child Development' cyrus
all
setaclmailbox: cyrus: lrswipcda: System I/O error
mailhost> ls -la /var/spool/imap/user/randy/Child*
total 16
drwx------    2 cyrus    mail         4096 2002-02-11
12:53 .
drwx------   22 cyrus    mail        12288 2003-07-01
13:38 ..

I am spending too much time on this.
What I would like to do is just remove all references
to both users from the imap databases. Is there a way
to do this. Then I can recreate a clean account and
have the users move their mail over manually.

--Ezsra