Debian woody imap

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Tue Jul 1 13:34:30 EDT 2003

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003, Rob Siemborski wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, James Miller wrote:
> > We're running cyrus imap v1.5.19 (Debian woody package) and currently inetd
> > is used to spawn imapd processes for clients to connect.  More and more
> > frequently inetd is failing and a restart is needed.  Is it possible to run
> > imapd as a daemon process instead of relying on inetd?
>
> Not with 1.5.19.
>
> Its really dissapointing that Debian is stuck with 1.5.19 as their
> "stable" version.

Heh. Shall be dealth with for the next debian stable.   Anyway, I will
ask the 1.5.x maintainer if it would be ok to remove it from Debian stable
(otherwise, we will ship both 1.5 and 2.1).

James, I suggest you get Cyrus 2.1 from http://people.debian.org/~hmh/, you
will be much better off on the long run.

  Henrique Holschuh