Unable to delete mailbox

Jim Norton jrn at oregonhanggliding.com
Thu Jul 17 02:32:35 EDT 2003

Hello folks:

 I did something stupid.  I am runing Cyrus Imap 2.2.0 Alpha.
 One day I decided it was time to remove a mailbox because a
 user wanted a different email name.

 So I delete the name and password information from the sasl2 database
 and then when into the /var/spool/imap/user and deleted the users
 directory.

 Now when I telnet to my imap port and log in as the administrator and
 try to do a " . delete user.mailboxname " I get an error:

 . NO System I/O Error

 When people send email to this user now,  Postfix just fallsback to delivering
 it to Cyrus where it goes into a black hole.  Problem is that the sender
 doesn't get a bounce email back.

 So anybody know how I can go about getting Cyrus to forget about that mailboxname?

 Thanks,
 Jim