AW: sieve - does not work

Manfred Friedrich m.friedrich at t-o-c.biz
Sun Jul 20 17:03:26 EDT 2003

Hi,

Thank you bernhard.

In the moment I'm not shure witch the better solution. So let's talk
about both.

> a) ~/.sieve and "sieveusehomedir: true": each user can modify his own
> sieve script, no need for using timsieved to upload them to the cyrus
> server, ~/.sieve must be readable for the cyrus user
Ok fine, but I have a .sieve file in $home
-rwxr-xr-x    1 mf       mail          209 2003-07-21 00:56 .sieve
How do I tell the system that sieve should not use timsieved?

(The logfile entry of timsieved was generated by my telnet test.
In other cases nobody does trigger sieve/timsieved - in normal
circumstances ther is no log entry?!)

> b) no ~/.sieve and "sieveusehomedir: false": each user must use
> timsieved to access his/her sieve scripts stored in the cyrus server
How do the user store the scripts in the cyrus server?

Thx