cyrus subscription files

Rob Siemborski rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jul 23 13:13:15 EDT 2003

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, joe ritter wrote:

> After a migration I noticed that the subscription
> information did not get migrated from UW to the Cyrus
> install. In UW thee files are in .mailboxinfo. Can I
> open up and parse the subscriptions out of these and
> write them into username.sub in the /var/imap/user/
> directory? I am assuming they are just text files and
> not held in a db anywhere? Are there any gotchas or
> can I just cobble together a perl script to write the
> data in these files? Thanks in advance

If you're using a flat file db for the subscriptions, this should be very
possible.

Note that the format (for the subs database in flat file format) is:

mailbox\t\n

(the \t is there because generally the value part of the key/value pair
goes between the \t and the \n, however the subs database only has keys--
no values).

-Rob